Just like the 401 update it has been deals, deals, deals that has dominated the last 100 BOOT rants:
- Wotif evenutally managed to by Travel.com.au/Lastminute.com.au despite a fight from Webjet and a cunning move from AOT. Followed up almost immediately buying Asia Web Direct;
- TripAdvisor launched a new version and continued its targeted site buying spree with HolidayWatchdog;
- TravelCLICK was sold to Genstar and the BOOT called it first;
- The Asian acquisition bonanza continued as Priceline returned to the market though an acquisition of Agoda, ;
- Sidestep disappeared in a flood of newly raised Kayak cash; and
- Venere bought Worldby.
I spent some interesting times on the phone doing start up interviews with:
- bags fell from the sky;
- The president of Sri Lanka got bumped and was not happy about it;
- Man fired dog and bragged about it; and
- nobody, I repeat nobody is doing anything naughty naughty in the new Singapore Airlines double bed suites.
But I saved my most angriest post for number 400 - the last in this seasons. When the new Australian government said they were doing me a favour by continuing to allow Qantas to over charge me on flights to America.
If you're still reading then I'm still writing.
Now why can't all your posts be like this :)
Post a Comment