Sunday, April 06, 2008

Qantas to the BOOT - what do you think about our Entertianment Guide?


About a year ago I was invited to join the Qantas Customer Advisory Panel. I don't think it had anything to do with the BOOT. I have been a Platinum Frequent Flyer at Qantas since the end of 2000 so I am sure it is related to that not my blog love hate relationship with the flying Kangaroo.

In this panel they send me a survey every other month on some part of the Qantas experience. I hear nothing back as a result of filling the survey so have no idea what they do with my response but am happy to engage in a customer feedback loop with them.

In this recent survey I was asked my opinion on the quality of the Qantas in-flight magazine and entertainment guide. Lots of questions about how I used both magazines and what I thought. However the final question was the easiest to answer. They asked me for a general comment on the quality of the Qantas in-flight entertainment guide.

I had a very simple response - "what use is an entertainment guide when the entertainment system never works! Stop asking me questions and fix your video on demand system". Qantas seems in complete denial about the readiness of their in-flight entertainment.

For those new to the blog the constant failings of the Qantas Audio Video On Demand (AVOD) system is my number one consumer rant.

No comments: