To continue the squeeze and prove their pedigree in the price competition, Jetstar have launched a new fare guarantee campaign. They guarantee to double the difference if you find a lower fare. Great idea for a campaign - right? Should generate good press and help build up the price credibility story- right? It would, except in a classic low cost carrier move (and Qantas move for that matter) the terms and conditions are so rigorous and ridiculous that it is more likely to annoy customers, than win them over.
This is what you have to do to claim your "double the difference"
- Find the lower fare
- Call the Jetstar call centre - making sure there is availability in the competitors fare and ONLY ONE CLASS of Jetstar fare
- Departure of the lower fare must be within one hour of departure of the compared Jetstar fare
- Wait for Jetstar to verify
- BOOK THE MORE EXPENSIVE FARE WITH JETSTAR
- Then A VOUCHER voucher for a subsequent purchase will be sent for double the difference VALID FOR ONLY SIX MONTHS.