Just like the 401 update it has been deals, deals, deals that has dominated the last 100 BOOT rants:
- Wotif evenutally managed to by Travel.com.au/Lastminute.com.au despite a fight from Webjet and a cunning move from AOT. Followed up almost immediately buying Asia Web Direct;
- TripAdvisor launched a new version and continued its targeted site buying spree with HolidayWatchdog;
- TravelCLICK was sold to Genstar and the BOOT called it first;
- The Asian acquisition bonanza continued as Priceline returned to the market though an acquisition of Agoda, ;
- Sidestep disappeared in a flood of newly raised Kayak cash; and
- Venere bought Worldby.
I spent some interesting times on the phone doing start up interviews with:
- bags fell from the sky;
- The president of Sri Lanka got bumped and was not happy about it;
- Man fired dog and bragged about it; and
- nobody, I repeat nobody is doing anything naughty naughty in the new Singapore Airlines double bed suites.
But I saved my most angriest post for number 400 - the last in this seasons. When the new Australian government said they were doing me a favour by continuing to allow Qantas to over charge me on flights to America.
If you're still reading then I'm still writing.