1. Find the cheapest flight from Melbourne to Perth from Tullamarine, arriving before midnight and with check-in
2. Find the cheapest hotel in Brisbane, 5 mins from Botanic Gardens, with a pool and for less than $400 for two nights.
Here is a quick summary of the results of the survey:
Search: 47% started with a search engine
- 32% used the search engine via an installed search bar;
- 37% entered in a brand name, a large proportion searched a full URL in Google. In effect treating it the means for using a browser;
- Of these 18% clicked on a paid advertisement - the rest clicked on organic listings; and
- 0% (yes ZERO percent) looked at the second page.
Suppliers: 6% went direct to a supplier (in the first instance) but 45% of aggregater visitors (in the case of the air ticket) indicated they would normally go from the aggregater to the supplier to book to avoid paying booking fees and because they trusted the results more.
- All about the first page in SEO
- Air aggregaters and buying traffic and losing sales to suppliers
- Consumers continue to miss buttons and tabs that we think are clear and obvious