Couple of interesting metrics and number from the interview:
- The are now profitable (measured on monthly numbers). Recent full year financial results showed a loss but now profitable on a monthly basis;
- Expecting 30-35% topline and bottom line growth for FY08 - TTV of $130-140mm;
- Marketing spend will stay around 2.5% of TTV. All of this online, 80% of it likely to be on SEM;
- 15,000 hotel bookings per month; and
- 500k subscribers to newsletters on both brands.
Travel.com.au are celebrating their 10th year this year. They were one of the first in the world to do international flights online. Not that this is much to brag about. As Adam joked, "In the early days we had 100% of the online international fares market. All two of the bookings made were made with us."