Three reasons why I think CX herringbone is better than VS
- The entertainment system starts as soon as you sit down whereas VS make you wait until after take off and after a welcome on-board video has finished;
- The CX seat converts to bed without having to get out of seat whereas the VS seat is a flip to bed version. Means you have to get out of the seat, convert to a bed and get back in; and
- The VS seat narrows to the feet a little more making it slightly tighter in fit that the CX version.
- The on-board bar is a smash hit (hold on that is not related to the seat!);
- The Upper Class Lounge at Heathrow is nearly unmatchable in quality (QF first class Sydney is its only competitor). With a haircut, spa bath, sauna and video games. (hold on that is not related to the seat either!); and
- You get pyjamas on VS (hmmm...also not related to the seat)
- The table is large and can be moved to allow you to get out without having to put the table away;
- The doona is much more bed like that CX's making for a more bed like feel; and
- Big pillow - also better for a bed like feel.
Full CX business class seat review here. Full VS business class (upper class) seat review here.
thanks to Lora_313 for the photo via flickr