Friday, May 04, 2007

Guest editors wanted - the BOOT is expanding

I am having a great time writing this blog. I hope you are enjoying reading it. I want to do more with the blog and have found the guest editor experience with Mike Potts to be a fantastic way to expand the BOOT message. I hope you agree. I want to take this to the next level and find other editors that know more about exciting markets like Germany, France, Italy, India, Japan, China...heck even Canada. So if you are a self appointed expert in the online travel markets in these or other exciting countries then I want to hear from you. Send me an email with a sample post about a incident in your market. Please adhere to the following:
  • Posts no more than 500 words;
  • Pick a snapshot story about your market - am not looking for a summary or history of the market to date, rather a piece of commentary on a current event;
  • Send the post in the email with formatting and in an attachment with no formatting so that I can easily cut and post into blogger. If you want links included please put them in;
  • Include a 20 word introduction on who you are. If possible include a link to your blog, profile, company, site or something on the web that can tell people more; and
  • Be in it for the long haul. I am looking for people that want contribute regularly and help me grow the BOOT into a destination for insider information and commentary.
I can't guarantee that I will post your submission and if I do I can't guarantee it will be edit free. However if I do post I will praise you and link to you like you won't believe. There is no money involved but if you want to join me I look forward to your submission.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello from France,

I manage a french blog, Les Explorers about travel and tourism industry, Travel 2.0.

See some exemple : english interview from CEO and executive (with head line in french)
http://www.lesexplorers.com/50226711/linterview_du_pro.php

I can write about etourism, Travel 2.0, DMO's for the french market

A bientôt

Claude

Tim Hughes said...

Claude - please send me your email address to timsboot [at] gmail [dot] com and I will be in touch

Doing Business in Japan? said...

Hi Tim,


I like your blog. Interesting reading!

Apropos "exciting markets" and Japan, readers of your blog may be interested to check out the eLearning staff training procedures for those travelling to Japan on business trips for the first time:

Doing business in Japan?

http://doing-business-in-japan.blogspot.com


Cross Culture Training Japan

http://www.crossculturetraining.com



Keep up the good work on the blog!

Tim Hughes said...

hmmm...for a blog about Japan it sure looks like nothing more than an advertisement for your company

Anonymous said...

Hey Tim,

I see you already distrbute your publication on Wiwih. How about we also give you a section in our group within Wiwih...

Xotels Revenue Management and Distribution...

patrick@xotels.com